Congratulations to Abbie Farrar, WCEC's 2019 Youth Tour Delegate!
Abbie is a Senior at El Campo High School. She is the daughter of Shayne & Senae Farrar.
Learn more about Abbie here.
The Government-in-Action Youth Tour to Washington, D.C. is sponsored each year by Wharton County Electric Cooperative. The trip allows young adults the opportunity to tour national historic sites, experience cultural diversity, meet U.S. Congressional representatives, and learn about electric cooperatives and the energy industry.
This is an all-expenses-paid trip to Washington, D.C. It takes place in June each year.
Student must be between the ages of 15 and 19 and must have completed sophomore year of high school. Parent or legal guardian of student must be an active residential member or employee of Wharton County Electric
Applicant must submit a fully completed application as well as a 500-word essay or 5-7 minute video presentation covering the selected topic.
YOUTH TOUR WINNER REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be able to participate in the Youth Tour trip to Washington, D.C.
• Must be able to ride in a car or bus for up to 12 hours (with breaks) in a single day.
• Must be able to fly in an airplane.
• Must be able to (and agree to) reasonably assist WCEC in presentation/promotion of the Youth Tour program and WCEC, including promotion at the annual membership meeting in June.
• WCEC reserves the right to select the runner up or another contestant for the Youth Tour Trip if the winner is found to be a poor representative of the Youth Tour program.
• The winner’s guardian must give WCEC written permission and a waiver of release for the winner to participate on the Youth Tour.
• The winner will be covered by Youth Tour’s insurance from home and back.
• All essays/videos become the property of Wharton County Electric Cooperative, Inc.
QUESTIONS? Contact Brenda Rodriguez at 1-800-460-6271 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Touchstone Energy® Cooperatives is a national network of electric cooperatives across 46 states that provides resources and leverages partnerships to help member cooperatives and their employees better engage and serve their members. By working together, Touchstone Energy cooperatives stand as a source of power and information to their 32 million member-owners every day.